I have decided that my first image will be when Julia and Winston first meet at the Two minutes hate . This is set in a room with chairs, there is a screeching noise and the room is filled with people of the Ministry of Truth chanting at a Telescreen. Julia works on machinery in the department of fiction she is often seen with oily hands which I would like to reflect in my image . She is dressed in overalls but as this is a contemporary fashion version of the narrative the styling will change through out the images but still reflect an overall using different items of clothing . She is described in to have a freckled face and has a bold impression on Winston . She gives him a piercing stare which I would like to use within my image .
The image will depict Julia flunging the Newspeak dictionary at the telescreen and her crying out 'Swine Swine Swine' . The people in the the room are described to be in an ecstasy of fear this also need to be depicted within the image.
- Mid length image
- Camera : In front of model slightly lower than eye level so the camera will be looking up at the model , to give the impression of power and authority of Julia
- Lighting : strong lighting from above on the model , top create an intensity
- Location : studio with dark background as I would like the focus to be on Julia's aggressive action
- Model: To appear to be screaming Swine and throwing the book
- Hair : Up in victory rolls with a modern twist
- Make up : contouring , red lips, freckled face, strong lashes.Hands : Oil dripping , Nails shaped and red .
- Styling : A suit top, red sash with collar bones contoured.
- Image : Black and White .
This is how I envisage the shoot to appear .